Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reality Hits

Reality Hits

 Check your email, check your mail box, check the Ontario College Site. A few steps closer to losing your baby girl. I'm not really liking this whole process.
 She only applied last week, I'm not ready for acceptance. Slow down this train just a little, 'cause it is running at a rampant speed, way too fast for me, and I'm not even sure my daughter is aboard yet....
 Too young. Too Innocent. Too confused. Too Naive. The latter of which scares me most, my goodness she can barely boil water. How do you teach a girl that you have to actually stay within sight of a stove when you are cooking anything. You can't play Wii, text, listen to an Ipod, facebook, and answer the phone while cooking.
 Three out of five colleges have accepted her, too bad I can't accept her leaving. Part of life I suppose.
Definitely meal plan material, residence. North Bay, Peterborough, Orillia, Oshawa, or the Big TO.
Some how since applying, the hours tick by quicker and quicker.
 The question, Mom can I sleep somewhere tonight, at a girlfriends?" No, you have got to spend time here, with me, our days together are numbered.
 I can feel many road trips in my not so distant future. I can pray that my younger daughter competes in Volleyball in a district close to where she will be living, where I used to dread those long distant trips.
 Come on Mom, get a grip, she isn't going half way across the world..................yet.
 Is this hitting home with anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment